Bearing Repair by Bearing Experts
Timken has designed and manufactured bearings for more than a century, and is proud to offer that unsurpassed experience and reputation for quality to the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard.
Our highly trained and professional staff of field service engineers will help you identify bearing failure modes, conduct root cause analysis and determine the correct repair solution for shipboard applications.
Timken’s remanufacturing program is designed to provide bearings faster, and at a lower cost than newly manufactured bearings. By using this proprietary service, customers may increase bearing life up to four times, save up to 50% over the cost of new, and ensure availability in a fraction of the time.
Additionally, we can remanufacture any bearing type or brand, certify them to OEM standards – and we back that promise with a “same as new” one-year warranty. Prior to preservation and packaging for return shipment, repair solutions include a variety of overhaul processes.
- Military Marine Applications
- Quality Commitment.
- Decades of Service. Decades of Reliability.
- U.S. Navy & Coast Guard Programs.
- Mission Critical. Mission Ready.
- Extreme Duty. Extreme Durability.
- A 120,000 Sq. Ft. Purpose-Built Marine Facility.
- Failure is Not an Option.
- 100% Lock-Up. 0% Fixed Slip-Losses.
- Local Service, National Support, Global Expertise.
- Switchgear. Controls. Motors. Generators.
- Bearing Repair by Bearing Experts.
- CORE – Continuous Oil Rescue Equipment.
- Philadelphia Gear Military Marine Support Locations.
Bearing Overhaul Processes
- Recertification – Bearing assemblies are cleaned, visually inspected and measured to verify internal clearances.
- Reclamation – Bearing components are polished using Timken’s proprietary vibratory process.
- Reconditioning – Bearings are cleaned, visually inspected, and components are polished and measured to verify internal clearances.
- Remanufacture – Bearing components are cleaned and visually inspected, raceways are re-ground, new roller sets are manufactured, and internal clearances are re-set.
- Modification – Special features are added to enhance performance, retrofit to special applications, or upgrade to meet current Timken design standards.
Timken Power Systems, Philadelphia Gear, Western Gear, WesTech Gear, Standard Machine, Hamilton Gear, Smith Services, H&N Electric, H&N Wind, Schulz Electric, Stultz Electric, Maine Industrial Repair, and Timken Bearing Repair are all registered or unregistered trademarks of The Timken Company or its affiliates.