Controls. Motors. Generators.
Staffed with professionals that have an extensive knowledge of electric motor repair from fractional to multi-thousand horsepower, the Timken Power Systems (TPS) family of electrical brands form a coast-to-coast network designed to cover every aspect of marine electrical needs.
Our brands include H&N Electric, Smith Services, and Schulz Electric, together representing centuries of combined hands-on experience: from equipment maintenance and repair, to engineering, to design and manufacture, and to help with material management.
Core competencies of the TPS motor network include:
- 24/7/365 Onsite Technical Services support (OTS)
- Electric motor repair to 50,000 HP
- Rewinding of both AC and DC apparatus
- Motor circuit evaluation testing
- Electronic control systems design
- Thermographic surveys
- In-house or field retrofits, and AC or DC equipment consulting
- Motor redesign, upgrade and precision balancing
- Brush replacement and maintenance
- Dry-type transformer repair
- New motor sales of all top OEM brands
- Commercial Marine Applications
- Quality Commitment.
- Decades of Experience. Decades of Performance.
- Custom-Designed Marine Gears. Upgrade Capabilities.
- Fully Outfitted Machine Shops. Around the World. Around the Corner.
- Robust Warranties. Peace of Mind.
- 100% Lock-Up. 0% Fixed-Slip Losses.
- Continuous Oil Rescue Equipment. CORE.
- Local Service. National Support. Global Expertise.
- Controls. Motors. Generators.
- Bearing Repair. By Bearing Experts.
Inspect. Repair. Test.
It is often more economical to repair or rewind than replace motors and generators. Our team will inspect and advise as to what is the most cost effective option. All coils are inspected for fit, finish, electrical soundness and dielectric integrity, as well as being hipot tested to ensure insulation values, and surge tested at 100% of the original test voltage.
Windings that undergo vacuum pressure impregnation (VPI), with engineered or application specific resins, are virtually impervious to oil, moisture and chemical contaminates. The VPI system results in the greatest mechanical strength for windings, a cooler running motor, improves performance and extends machine life. At up to 12’ in diameter, the TPS network has some of the largest VPI tanks in the country.
All of this investment in technology, machinery, SOPs, and manpower are in place to achieve one goal: to provide our customers with the assurance that their equipment is returned to them in “as new” condition, and with the peace of mind that our work is backed by the Timken Power Systems one-year warranty.
Finally, TPS sites incorporate a wide variety of testing programs to ensure that our customers’ motors or generators meet or exceed their performance expectations. Additionally, our brands are registered with Underwriter Laboratories (508A UL), are members of the Electrical Apparatus Service Association (EASA), and have all been independently ISO 9001:2015 certified.