Punish Us. We Can Take It.
Philadelphia Gear has custom-designed and manufactured marine gears ranging from 500 to 60,000 HP and they all have one thing in common: they’re built to last. As the supplier of the broadest range of marine gearing of any U.S. power transmission supplier, we are uniquely suited to fulfilling the demands of the most extreme operating conditions in the world.
As suppliers of equipment for a wide variety of main propulsion, power generation, thruster and auxiliary applications – whether driven by diesel engines, gas turbines, steam turbines or electric motors – Philadelphia Gear has unique insight into the special problems of the ship designer and the builder. And, it equips us to deliver a reliable, easy-to-maintain drive that provides a low cost of ownership during its many decades of operation.
Upgrade capabilities, critical to staying competitive in the marine industry, are available at each regional service and manufacturing facility. Each facility communicates directly with our Engineering and Technical Center in King of Prussia, PA, and has Internet access to the company’s vast library of drawings, engineering standards, manufacturing process standards and other related intellectual property.
Vessels Using Our Equipment
- Commercial Fishing
- Container Ships
- Fast Ferries
- LNG Tankers
- Oil tankers
- Commercial Marine Applications
- Quality Commitment.
- Decades of Experience. Decades of Performance.
- Custom-Designed Marine Gears. Upgrade Capabilities.
- Fully Outfitted Machine Shops. Around the World. Around the Corner.
- Robust Warranties. Peace of Mind.
- 100% Lock-Up. 0% Fixed-Slip Losses.
- Continuous Oil Rescue Equipment. CORE.
- Local Service. National Support. Global Expertise.
- Controls. Motors. Generators.
- Bearing Repair. By Bearing Experts.