Around the World. Around the Corner.
Philadelphia Gear has seven manufacturing and service facilities in the U.S. and Canada, specifically positioned to put us near our customers. These include Houston, Texas (2); Birmingham, Alabama; Chicago, Illinois; New Castle, Delaware; Santa Fe Springs, California; and Saskatoon, Canada (Standard Machine).
Throughout our history, Philadelphia Gear – and, by extension, our other proprietary brands Western/WesTech Gear, GE Marine, and DeLaval Steam Turbine – all have worked hard to stay on the leading edge of both manufacturing technologies and engineering practices.
- Commercial Marine Applications
- Quality Commitment.
- Decades of Experience. Decades of Performance.
- Custom-Designed Marine Gears. Upgrade Capabilities.
- Fully Outfitted Machine Shops. Around the World. Around the Corner.
- Robust Warranties. Peace of Mind.
- 100% Lock-Up. 0% Fixed-Slip Losses.
- Continuous Oil Rescue Equipment. CORE.
- Local Service. National Support. Global Expertise.
- Controls. Motors. Generators.
- Bearing Repair. By Bearing Experts.
Plant Equipment and Capabilities:
- Test stands capable of running MRGs to 60,000 HP at full load
- Fully outfitted machine shops with precision equipment
- 70-ton crane capacity
- Fully outfitted machine shop with precision equipment
- On-site engineering backed by corporate technical center in Philadelphia
- Machine capabilities
- Turning shafts 36” in diameter and 10’ in length
- Jig mill capabilities for housings and components
- Turning on CNC Vertical 56” VBM
- Vertical Turning Lathe (VTL) to 300”
- Shaft grinding 36” in diameter and 20’ in length
- Gear grinding to 4.0 meters and to DIN 1 quality standard
- Gear hobbing to 5.0 meters and finished to AGMA Quality 12
- In-house shaft balancing to 4.5 meters
- 5-Axis machining centers
- Multiple roll stands for gear contact checks
- Paint booths and long-term preservation tanks
- Certified welders and non-destructive testing capabilities on-site