Gearbox support you can trust
Managing a critical gearbox issue? Philadelphia Gear is your one stop for gearbox repair, including reliable, responsive gear drive inspections, overhauls, and upgrades.
With 125 years of world-class engineering and design experience, we leverage local service, national support, and global expertise to support gear drives from every brand. Our national network of ISO-certified service and manufacturing centers use state-of-the-art design, grinding, and heat-treating technologies to resolve your toughest challenges.
And with our best-in-industry 3-year warranty on regional service center overhauls, you can depend on top-quality performance for years to come.
Our technical services
- Condition monitoring
- Drive Exchange Program
- Engineered upgrades
- Gear 101 Training
- GearLogic™ Preservation System
- On-site inspection
- Predictive maintenance
- Renewal part specification
Supported rotating equipment
- All bearing types
- Bevel gears
- Epicyclic gears
- Herringbone gears
- Hydroviscous clutches and brakes
- Open gears
- Parallel shift gears
- Planetary gears
- Worm gears
We service every gearbox brand
- Allen Gear
- Black Clawson
- Brad Foote
- David Brown
- John Brown
- Delaval Steam Turbine*
- D.O. James
- Foote Jones
- General Electric
- Hamilton Gear*
- Horsburgh & Scott
- Philadelphia Gear*
- Philadelphia Mixers
- Standard Machine*
- Western Gear*
*Philadelphia Gear, WesTech, Western Gear, Delaval Steam Turbine, Standard Machine, and Hamilton Gear are all registered trademarks of The Timken Company or its affiliates.
Minimize downtime with emergency overhaul services
At Philadelphia Gear, we understand how critical an equipment failure can be for your business. That’s why our service team is available 24/7 to help keep your operations running at peak efficiency.
How it works
- 1Reach out
- 2Initial inspection
- 3Disassembly and cleaning
- 4Assembly and testing
- 5Painting, preserving, and shipment
- 6Rest Easy
1 Reach out
Contact our team with photos of your setup.
2 Initial inspection
We’ll provide a detailed report with images.
3 Disassembly and cleaning
Our team takes apart and cleans the unit, and schedules manufacturing for replacement parts. For uprating, we’ll make necessary changes and incorporate them into the manufacturing process.
4 Assembly and testing
Once the components are complete, we reassemble and rigorously test the gearbox, measuring endplay, tooth contact and backlash, temperature, sound, vibration levels, and more.
5 Painting, preserving, and shipment
We epoxy paint and preserve the unit for storage, then send it to you along with documentation.
6 Rest Easy
Our three-year limited warranty covers all overhauls performed at our regional service centers.
Extend the life of your equipment with gearbox upgrades
Gain greater confidence in your gears with our full selection of upgrade services.
- Grinding to achieve better tooth geometry
- AGMA or API quality standards
- Metal-hardening services ranging from through-hardening to case-hardening, including nitriding and carburizing
- Addition of oil coolers (water or air)
- Splash lubrication replacement or augmentation, with addition of external lube system
- Shift to duplex filtration so unit can be serviced while operating
- Upgrade from lips seals to face seals
- Install CORE® ferrous metal filtration system
- Speed and load condition analysis to ensure proper selection
- Closer tolerance rolling element bearings to extend life
- Minimize vibration and operating temperatures
- Diagnostic instrumentation that warns against pending failures
- Stability-enhancing reinforced housing
- User-friendly oil filtration systems
- And more
We work harder to do it right.
Unlike other gear box companies, we don’t cut corners with a cookie-cutter approach. Instead, we reverse engineer every gear drive or component to exact OEM standards, taking your specific needs into account.
Our experts are trained in gearbox failure root cause analysis. We take the time to provide full disassembly and cleaning, inspection and measurement, engineering evaluation and recommendations, and gearbox repair and spin testing.
That’s why Philadelphia Gear is your first choice for long-term reliability — for products from Philadelphia Gear and any other brand.
Don’t put your operations at unnecessary risk. Contact Philadelphia Gear today.
Our service team is standing by to help with your gearbox needs.
Call 800-766-5120 to get started, or contact your regional representative directly by clicking the link below.