Providing gearing solutions for more than a century. Philadelphia Gear: Local service. National support. Global expertise.
 
Company Overview Industries Served Regional Facilities Products & Services Parts Quote Manuals & Literature News & Events Careers background
 
News & Events News & Events Menu

Press Releases

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact:
Maribeth Roman Schmidt
Vault Communications
610-455-2777
mschmidt@vaultcommunications.com

 

 

Philadelphia Gear Finishes First in its Category
at Pennsylvania’s Top 100 Best Places to Work

KING OF PRUSSIA, PA December 2, 2010 ---- Philadelphia Gear is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the top spot amongst 50 finalists in the medium-sized company category of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania competition.  PG began its relationship with the Best Places to Work program in 2006, and this year’s first place finish has earned the company its fifth consecutive placement within the Top 50 companies in its category in Pennsylvania.  “The Best Places to Work team receives thousands of applications from businesses across Pennsylvania every year, so when we received a 14th place finish in 2009 we were thrilled.  When it was announced that we placed first this year, it was an extraordinary thrill and a great tribute to the whole team at Philly Gear,” said CEO, Carl Rapp.  “Going into the event we were humbled to just be considered for a Top 50 spot, so this year’s accomplishment has exceeded our expectations,” Carl continued, “and we are looking forward to the challenge of trying to match this feat in 2011.”

 

 
power generation image
home . contact us . site map . emergency service

The awards program, created in 2000, is one of the first statewide initiatives of its kind in the country.  It recognizes 100 companies throughout the state in two groups:  50 medium-sized organizations (25-250 employees) and 50 large businesses (251 or more employees).

 

To be eligible for consideration, companies from across the state entered a two-part process to determine the 100 Best Places to Work in PA. The first part of this process reviewed each nominated company's workplace policies, practices, philosophies, systems and demographics. This part of the evaluation was worth approximately 25% of the total score. The second part consisted of a confidential employee survey to measure the employee experience, which accounted for the remaining 75% of the total evaluation. Both elements of the process were administered and collated by a third party and the combined scores determined the top companies and the final ranking.

 

“Our business success starts and ends with how well we treat each other, how well we keep our promises and how well we hold each other accountable,” said Carl.  “We want to ensure that PG (worldwide) continues to be a great place for people to work and we want this to be evident to our customers, who consistently tell us that they appreciate dealing with people who are both experts in their field and who care about them. Receiving this distinction during any year is an achievement, but it is particularly special to be recognized while in the middle of another difficult year for the economy.  All of the recognition for this award is because of the efforts of our entire team.”

 

For more information, call 1-800-766-5120, fax 610-337-5637, or visit online at www.philagear.com.

   
 
line  
 

Website Design by Dynamic Digital Advertising

Gearbox Repair and Overhaul | Full Disassembly & Cleaning | Inspection & Measurement | Engineering Evaluation & Recommendations | Upgrading & Modifications | Reverse Engineering

Performance, Spin, and Load Test | Reinstallation & Inspection | Repair of Philadelphia Gear & Subsidiary Gearboxes | Repair of Other Brand Name Gearboxes | RapidGear Emergency Repair Service

Industry Applications for Gearbox Repair | Gearbox Repair for the Pipeline Applications | Gearbox Repair for the Power Generation Industry | Gearbox Repair for Crude Oil Refining

U.S. Coast Guard Gearbox Repair | Gearbox Repair for the United States Navy

 
English Spanish Chinese Arabic