Failure is Not an Option
Whether the Navy is using frontline combatant ships in a crisis, or the Coast Guard is transporting aid after a natural disaster, failure is not an option. That is why Philadelphia Gear is one of the smartest, most reliable main reduction gear investments you can make.
- 5-year standard warranty comes with every new gearbox
- Warranty applies no matter how challenging the operating environment
- Peace of mind comes in having five years of protection backed by 125 years of unsurpassed experience
- In the unlikely event that one of our gearboxes requires service due to defect or workmanship, we’ll repair it fast and cover 100% of our labor and material expense
- Strategically located team of Onsite Technical Service (OTS) technicians ready for rapid deployment to diagnose problems at the outset
- Military Marine Applications
- Quality Commitment.
- Decades of Service. Decades of Reliability.
- Mission Critical. Mission Ready. Extreme Duty. Extreme Durability.
- A 120,000 Sq. Ft. Purpose-Built Marine Facility.
- Failure is Not an Option. 100% Lock-Up. 0% Fixed Slip-Losses.
- Local Service, National Support, Global Expertise.
- Switchgear. Controls. Motors. Generators.
- Bearing Repair by Bearing Experts.
- CORE – Continuous Oil Rescue Equipment.
- Philadelphia Gear Military Marine Support Locations.
100% LOCK-UP. 0% FIXED-SLIP LOSSES.
Philadelphia Gear’s Synchrotorque® line of hydroviscous clutches operates on the principle of shearing an oil film to transmit torque. This hydroviscous effect transmits torque in proportion to a variable clamping force. For unrestrained loads, the higher the clamping force, the faster the output speed. The input drive plates function as the driver. The output friction discs are faced with a suitably grooved resilient material and act as a driven member.
Precisely controlled clamping pressure between input drive plates and output friction discs allows virtually infinite speed control right up to 100% of input speed. This simple phenomenon, based on established hydrodynamic bearing principles, is the basis for controlled torque transmission in the Synchrotorque hydroviscous clutch.
- Works for 100 HP to 20,000 HP applications
- Range of sizes for a variety of mounting configurations
- Appropriate for adverse environments
- Output speed equals 100% of input speed
- No fixed-slip losses
- Can transmit torque in either direction
- Can remain running while disconnected from load
- Maximizes torque transfer in compact space
- Protects drivetrain from excessive loads with automatic torque limiting feature